You may wonder why you might choose to combine oral sedation with nitrous oxide instead of simply relying on the oral method alone. Is there something wrong with just taking an oral sedative without anything else, you wonder? What are the reasons for this? Fortunately, you do not have to wonder much longer. Our quiz will offer the highlights you’re seeking!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you choose oral sedation then we almost always suggest you add nitrous oxide to it.
- True or False: If you are unsure about whether you want to choose just the oral version of sedation or nitrous oxide or if maybe you should choose the option to combine them, it’s a good idea to make up your mind at home after researching extensively. Discussing options with us can prove too time consuming.
- True or False: When someone comes in with very mild nerves, we usually suggest starting with laughing gas on its own. Then, for additional relaxation, you may move up to an oral sedative and then combine the two for additional tranquility.
- False. If you are someone who feels good about the use of oral sedation, then we will not encourage you to add laughing gas to your experience. Many patients enjoy the anti-anxiety effects and the ease of this option on its own!
- False. You don’t need to spend your time researching or trying to make choices at home. Instead, we urge you to come in for a consultation, during which we may much more easily answer your inquiries and guide you toward something you feel good about.
- True. It may seem as though you only have three options but you really have four solutions for your dental sedation as you increase the depth of your sense of calm with each step (the last of which is IV sedation).
Examine Your Dental Sedation Options During A Visit
Schedule a consultation with our team if you are not sure which type of sedation is right for you but you are certain it’s time to learn more. We invite you to schedule an appointment with your Katy, TX dentist at Lathrop Dental Center by calling 832-437-3849. We proudly welcome patients and families from Katy, Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, Cypress, Sealy, Columbus, and all surrounding communities.